Start Date: 6/23/2022 8:30 AM CDT
End Date: 6/23/2022 4:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: Tennessee Primary Care Association Location:
710 Spence Lane
Nashville, TN United States 37217
- In-Person: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM Central
- Virtual: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM Central
|Join us for a training experience that combines healthcare and law enforcement approaches to the threat of workplace violence. With reports of heightened tensions in health centers due to the current environment, TPCA offers this session as a support in ensuring CHC staff and patients remain safe. The goal is to create a culture of safety in the healthcare environment - security is everyone's responsibility.
Session topics include:
The morning portion of the session will provide health center staff with a solid foundation to address workplace violence, domestic violence, and active violence within the healthcare setting. In the afternoon, in-person attendees will participate in reality-based scenarios and leave feeling empowered to address and survive acts of violence in the healthcare setting.
- Successful de-escalation and tactical communication
- Situational awareness
- Defensive tactics for healthcare workers
- Strategies for reducing risk and anxiety in the workplace
- Workplace violence prevention programs
- Lock-down policy and lock-down failure plans
- Active shooter plans
Which CHC staff should attend?
- Staff responsible for emergency planning
- Operational Leadership
- Front Desk Teams
|Registration for the IN-PERSON option:
- In-person attendance for this event has a limited capacity. In-person registration is limited to 30 attendees. To ensure equity in health center representation, registrations will be prioritized to one staff member per health center.
- If multiple staff from the same health center register for the in-person option, they will be placed on a waiting list in the order registrations are received.
- The in-person registration fee for this session is $20, which includes lunch and snacks.
For those needing overnight accommodations, TPCA has arranged for a special room rate of $159 plus tax (includes complimentary parking and wi-fi) with Hilton Nashville Airport.
This rate will be available for a very limited time.
Online reservations with the TPCA room rate may be made here: