Chief Operations Officer
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will serve as a key member of the senior leadership team, act as a liaison for the non-physician clinical and administrative staff at clinical sites, and update and maintain policies, procedures, protocols, and operation of clinical sites and facilities as they impact patient care. The COO is responsible for managing the organization’s day-to-day operations, providing leadership, and administering operational procedures that will ensure compliance with established objectives.
- Provides leadership in developing continuous performance improvement systems to ensure delivery of high quality, efficient and accessible patient care and ensures that services, administrative protocols, and procedures are implemented consistently across all sites.
- Establishes budget, program, productivity and staff planning and reporting for clinical and support services and monitors budget compliance, addressing variances and resource needs.
- Identifies short- and long-term clinical program needs and evaluates current and newly developed programs.
- Models a customer service focused mission-driven approach to service delivery that values diversity in our patient population and staff.
- Acts independently and uses good judgment in both clinical and non-clinical decision making and problem resolution.
- Participates in the development of long-range strategic plans and objectives for practice management, and analyzes organizational systems, policies, and procedures, recommending changes to ensure the realization of these goals and objectives.
- Provides primary leadership for preparation for The Joint Commission accreditation process, HRSA Operational Site Visits, and other regulatory agency reviews.
- Maintains familiarity with and assures compliance with current government and regulatory and contract requirements for delivery of clinical services.
- Oversees the planning and direction of operation’s and facilities, in partnership with the senior leadership team to ensure the Centers performance goals, strategic planning, and business requirement are met.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with overall policies and objectives and ensures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the CEO.
- Maintains compliance with regulations governing healthcare facilities and the rules of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and initiating changes where required. Ensures compliance with grantor requirements is met.
- Directs and participates in acquisition and growth activities, including investigations, evaluations, and negotiations in accordance with overall objectives and plans.
- Assumes the administrative responsibilities of the CEO in his/her absence.
- Assures all facilities are maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Provides executive leadership to ensure patient access processes and systems are effective providing patients with a seamless experience.
- Serves on the management team and provides financial leadership for the Center
- Maintains compliance with regulations governing healthcare facilities and the rules of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and initiating changes where required.
- Collaborate efforts to contract organizations/vendors (i.e. Health Department, TPCA, other federally qualified clinics, leadership, and payor groups.)
- Performs other duties assigned.
Chief Operations Officer
||Memphis Health Center, Inc.
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance. CPA preferred but not required.
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of five to seven (5-7) years’ successful practice management experience, preferably in the healthcare industry
- A demonstrated proficiency in organizational efficiency and cost accounting
||This listing expires on: 9/10/2021