Start Date: 8/12/2020 10:00 AM CDT
End Date: 8/12/2020 11:30 AM CDT
Venue Name: Zoom Webinar Location:
TN United States 37217
Tennessee Primary Care Association
This session is a part of TPCA's 2020 Innovative Care Summit. To learn more about this three-track learning summit, click here.
Registration is FREE for TPCA Members and $15 for Non-Members
Health center leaders and staff as appropriate
Transforming your culture to support a more inclusive environment for your team members, patients, and communities requires an intentional strategy and commitment to integrate equity and inclusion into all aspects of the organization and your leadership approach.
About the Speaker
Jackie Gaines, StuderGroup
- Recognize the business imperative of cultural competency and inclusion in the workplace.
- Define the role leaders play to create a more inclusive environment within the teams you lead.
- Create awareness of biases we may hold that impact our actions as leaders.
- Understand how to assess how well your organization has integrated cultural competency and inclusion leading practices.
- Review an example road map to build a culture of inclusion from a healthcare organization in South Florida.
- Describe at least two ways of integrating cultural competency and inclusion in the workplace.
Jackie Gaines, MS, RN, is a senior executive, national speaker and best-selling author with a progressive career encompassing more than 40 years of sustained leadership and accomplishments with major health systems and organizations. She has dedicated most of her career to the advancement of quality healthcare programs throughout the United States, particularly those focused on the care of the poor and underserved. Gaines travels all over the country telling her story and sharing the leadership lessons learned throughout her career. She also continues to give back to the community by serving on numerous boards and task forces.
*To register as a TPCA Member you will need an account. To create an account, click here. For further assistance, contact Sarah Hill (email@example.com).