Start Date: 2/27/2019 2:00 PM CST
End Date: 2/27/2019 3:00 PM CST
Venue Name: Webinar
Tennessee Primary Care Association
A diverse workforce is needed to address the social determinants of health (SDOH) in the primary care setting. Although organizations are considering or have begun the process of screening and identifying social and economic needs of patients being served at health centers, questions and concerns may arise such as:
- What are the roles and responsibilities of key staff members?
- What type of skills and training are needed by staff?
- How can we include screening for SDOH in our workflow?
- What are strategies for maintaining or improving staff satisfaction?
Learning Collaborative Description
This learning collaborative is being convened to focus on answering these questions and more. Using a Building Block Method, participants at different stages of implementation (beginner, intermediate, or advanced) will be guided step-by-step to achieve specific goals that can help lead to the next level. Topics for discussion will include the following and will be further influenced by guest faculty and participants:
- Identifying and recruiting staff;
- Training staff to address the social determinants of health;
- Key workflow considerations and strategies; and
- Engaging and retaining staff to avoid burnout.