Connections April 2016 - Erlanger
Erlanger Names New CEO for Southside and Dodson Health Centers
(from the Chattanooga Times Free Press)
Attorney Angel Moore has been named chief executive officer of the Erlanger Community Health Centers.
In her new role, Moore will oversee all aspects of Erlanger's two Community Health Centers, Southside and Dodson Avenue. Moore comes to Chattanooga from Flint, Mich., where she served as chief operating officer and in-house legal consel for the Hamilton Community Health Network Inc., which operates five primary care clinics, three dental clinics, two pharmacies, a vision center, and a specialty site.
"Angel's strategic focus and experience in managing Community Health Centers makes her the ideal candidate for this leadership position," Erlanger CEO Kevin Spiegel said.
After earning a law degree from Michigan State University in 2004, Moore worked in a private legal practice and as an assistant prosecuting attorney in Eaton County, Mich. She also worked as manager of health care development for the Michigan Primary Care Association and directed the development of federally qualified health centers throughout the state.
The Erlanger centers experienced a 40 percent increase in primary care visits between July 1 and December 31, 2015, while patient visits for dental services increased 69 percent during the same period.
To care for more patients, new staff members have been added at the health centers, including seven new physicians. In addition, 30 residents from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga are now seeing patients at the health centers as part of their clinical rotations.
Beginning July 1, dental services will be expanded under a new agreement with the UT College of Dentistry.
- Three Tennessee CHCs Among Those Sharing $94 Million to Help Address Substance Abuse
- Health Center Leaders "Storm the Hill"
- State Announces Care Coordination Tool Vendor
- NACHC Report: Health Centers Identify Workforce Challenges as Barrier to Growth
- Get Help Recruiting Primary Care Physicians to Your Rural Practice
- TTN Shares Savings With Participants
- HRSA Issues PAL 2016-02
- Erlanger Names New CEO for Southside and Dodson Health Centers
- Siler is New CEO at Mercy Community Healthcare
- Dayspring Physicians Bring Hope to Rural Hospital
- Chota, UT Partnership Improves Care
- Cherokee Health Systems' CCO Appointed to Bluecare Tennessee
- Christ Community Unveils New Priority Care Service
- Meet the TPCA Staff: Luke and Nikki