Connections April 2016 - Staff
Meet the TPCA Staff
This Connections feature introduces readers to two TPCA staff members in each issue. This month, learn who has pit bulls named for an NFL star and who dreams of learning to play drums.
Responsibilities include coordinating all activities and training events related to clinical and quality work programs; serving as project manager for the implementation of i2i Systems; and assisting with data collecting, reporting and grant application development.
In my spare time, I enjoy ... kayaking, fishing, softball, and playing with my two pit bulls -- Russ and Sherman.
My favorite part of working with health centers is ... hearing about the great work being accomplished across the state. It takes a special person to work in an FQHC, and it is truly a privilege to hear the passion and joy from health center staff as they describe their successes.
A personal goal ... to earn a master's degree. I hope to start a master's program in January 2016.
You may not know ... in February, I completed my first half-marathon and I ran my second in March! I plan to continue to train and see where it takes me.
Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator
Responsibilities include providing technical assistance and disseminating information to FQHC Outreach and Enrollment staff and others involved in O&E efforts; providing training to FQHC staffs and others involved with O&E efforts across the state; and collaborating with partners and providing consumer referrals.
I've worked at TPCA since ... September 2013.
In my spare time, I enjoy ... hiking, dancing, roller-skating, being outside, and sharing meals with friends.
My favorite part of working with health centers is ... being able to work with such dedicated, knowledgeable and compassionate Outreach and Enrollment staff from across the state. I am constantly reminded that we are all in this together, and am so proud of the work they, and the health centers as a whole, do.
A personal goal ... to make all my gifts for Christmas, be less car-dependent and learn how to play the drums!
You may not know ... I was in a car club in high school, I have a dance to the Space Jam movie theme song, and I can recite all of Tupac's and Dr. Dre's California Love.
- Three Tennessee CHCs Among Those Sharing $94 Million to Help Address Substance Abuse
- Health Center Leaders "Storm the Hill"
- State Announces Care Coordination Tool Vendor
- NACHC Report: Health Centers Identify Workforce Challenges as Barrier to Growth
- Get Help Recruiting Primary Care Physicians to Your Rural Practice
- TTN Shares Savings With Participants
- HRSA Issues PAL 2016-02
- Erlanger Names New CEO for Southside and Dodson Health Centers
- Siler is New CEO at Mercy Community Healthcare
- Dayspring Physicians Bring Hope to Rural Hospital
- Chota, UT Partnership Improves Care
- Cherokee Health Systems' CCO Appointed to Bluecare Tennessee
- Christ Community Unveils New Priority Care Service
- Meet the TPCA Staff: Luke and Nikki