Governance Training for Community Health Center Boards
Board Training Content
The topics that are covered include an overview of the Community Health Center (CHC) board of directors' duties and responsibilities in the following areas:
- Legal duties
- Financial roles including fiscal planning, budget, and the annual audit
- The key partnership the board has with the CEO
- Assuring a quality system of clinical care
- Planning for the CHC's future
The 2-hour training format includes a power point presentation and printed resources for your board members to keep. The training is presented using interactive exercises which briefly present a situation that a board may encounter then inviting board members to select the best response.
What TPCA Needs from You
In order to facilitate the training, please forward:
- A copy of your organization’s bylaws
- A list of your CHC's board of directors
- Directions to your health center or the location of the board training along with recommendations for hotel lodging in the area
- Any other information that will help TPCA staff learn more about your expectations for the board training and your health center's unique needs
TPCA’s hourly fee for board training is $70 for TPCA members and $100 for non-members. Additionally, TPCA charges for travel expenses at a rate of $200 for a day trip and $400 for an overnight trip. This is payable to the Tennessee Primary Care Association upon completion of the training. TPCA will invoice your health center.
To schedule a board training, please follow this link to complete the request form. This form will allow TPCA to begin the planning and scheduling process for your training. Raymond Mitchell will follow-up with the contact person listed in the request.